Considering there are numerous ways to build an online presence and the fact that there is lot to learn, you may want more than my courses to help you. You may just want to hit the ground running. The information below will guide you in making the best choice for you and your site or blog.
You may not have the time, or inclination, to undertake all that, and I understand! I do take a limited number of clients each year for whom I will build a customized website and/or provide consulting and guided-help for the many marketing and web design tactics you can employ. My consulting is highly personalized to each client, and based not only on my years of experience, but also on the current successful trends in the client’s niche.
The package options are listed below. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for a custom quote for other options not listed. No matter what package you choose, you will absolutely receive a unique and personalized experience.
DESIGN, BRANDING, DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING
$200 – Includes 3 one hour personalized, one-on-one sessions for finding your business strategy and/or Unique Web Presence, answering questions and guiding you in that journey within 1-4 of the areas listed above.
Other consulting services can be contracted on a per hour basis or a per project basis.
$60 – $75 per hour based on task needed.
$100 minimum charge on medium to large per-project basis – final costs depending on the content needed.
For multiple projects, the “project based” fees will save the client money compared to the “per hour” fees, based on the fact that most project components build off of one another, so working within that framework already done at the time will save over-all.
COPYWRITING (CONTENT WRITING) SERVICES
$60 per hour – minimum 2 hours. As one example, this would include the research and writing for one 500-1000 word article on one topic.
Email Campaign Service, Signup Form, and Template Setup
Social Media Strategy/Setup
Email Campaign/Newsletter Writing
WEBSITE DESIGN PACKAGES
CUSTOM UNIQUE WEBSITE DESIGN SERVICES
More involved sites and requests add more to the cost but generally not over an additional $500.
Includes a website design and build on Client’s Self-Hosted* site with:
- Up to 6 basic pages which usually include “Home”, “Contact”, “About/Bio”, “Services” (or “Products”), Blog main page, plus one extra page all on Client’s chosen pre-made theme like “Events” or similar (package additions below for additional pages and content).
- Up to 10 hours of build time
- Initial 60-minute phone consulting Discovery Session to determine Client’s preferences with ongoing communication as needed via phone or email.
This Design Package includes:
- Theme/layout set up on WordPress platform
Client must purchase hosting plan/url separate so that client owns their own site and url. I never own your site, which is what you want. Some designers keep full control of your site. I do not believe that is a good thing for most clients. I work with Siteground hosting and can help you get set up with them. If you research them, you will find that they are one of the highest rated, if not THE highest rated, hosting companies in the world. I have worked with many in the last 20 years, and they are the only hosting company I will use for my own site self-hosted site. That is how much I appreciate their services!
- Setting the overall layout design of the included pages. I install and build on an amazingly versatile and full-to-the-brim theme that can do just about anything your dreams include! And it doesn’t cost you extra. Can you believe it? A theme like that for free?! The theme can be upgraded, but most all clients never need to upgrade, OR have a child theme!
- Adding a header image (usually provided by client, but can be custom designed within certain parameters)
- Inserting client’s current logo or basic logo/header creation (Extensive Logo Creation Package discount with web design available as listed below)
- Creating a navigation bar
- Adding social media links and feeds
- Most web builders don’t include basic text for the basic pages, but I do include some content on these main pages. I want you to have a site you love that you can add more copy/content to as you grow. Examples of content I can include would be a (1) tagline text, (2) page text for basic pages, (3) the contact form and social media feed widgets (plugins), and (4) the bio/about text.
Also minor revisions ** are included on a build-as-we-go basis, however, please understand that once a site is substantially built, I can’t fully rebuild it on the original contract fee. Rest assured though, the theme I use, which will not cost you extra, is designed to fit most all desirable things such as sliders, galleries, videos, headers, featured areas, and social media areas.
This Design Package does NOT include:
- HTTPS security set up (unless your host makes it available as an add-on which I will gladly set up for you. (Many do, but there might be an extra fee from the host. Usually they are all very affordable per year fees).
- CERTAIN extensive content creation.
- Extensive eCommerce components***.
Examples that would likely be added package or per hour costs: extensive custom logos, images and graphics, highly-specialized SEO for content, product lineup and descriptions, extensive eCommerce*** pages for selling products, highly involved content, and blog or article posts.
AVAILABLE WEB DESIGN ADD-ON PACKAGES:
Web Design Add-On #1 (WDA#1): $100 (If paid with the initial website design fee.)
Includes Custom Design of 1 Graphic AND the accompanying Custom Content/Copywriting for one the pages on the website.
Web Design Add-On #2 (WDA#2): $100 (If paid with initial website design fee.)
Includes up to 2 Additional Pages – with basic introductory content or gallery/slider added using client’s photos.
* NOTE: Packages and Other Freelance Service Fees do not include extra customer costs, such as, but not limited to: Site Host Fees (the internet “land” your site will reside on), URL/Domain Fees (the address of your site; appx $30-40/year), Domain Privacy (which I HIGHLY recommend; $12-24/year), Third-Party Security Fees if desired, Site Extras (such as a Custom Theme Fee, should you choose your own, which range usually from FREE to a $200 one time fee), and other third-party or storage fees. Site Host fees costs an average of $50-$300 per year depending on the plan size you choose.
With Siteground hosting, you can expect to get the first year StartUp hosting plan, URL/Domain, Domain Privacy, HTTPS Security , and tons of site extras for appx. $75 for the first year, or you can buy up to 3 years at that discounted rate. Renewal years would be appx. $185 per year, with a discount usually offered for 2-3 year renewals. I give all my clients my affiliate link to use if they prefer, at no extra cost or fee, and will help with the signup process, as needed.
** A revision is defined as these examples or similar edits:
- moving photos and text around within the theme’s layout
- adjusting theme options like overall colors, font, or other aesthetic features
- changing a short text phrase here and there.
*** E-commerce pages would be extra depending on scope and size of project.
Note: I don’t currently offer a “ground up” package, i.e. custom designing an entire website from a blank canvas. That means writing code, generally, and designing the template from scratch. It also usually means a price tag of $5000 or more. That almost always only happens for a very specific niche or a corporate sized company. If you need a ground-up build, I would be happy to refer you to a very specific trusted agency I worked with in the past.
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE PACKAGE
6 month Maintenance Contract paid on a monthly basis, or at a discounted rate if paid 6 months at one time. This fee varies depending on the details of exact maintenance wanted by client.
Please inquire about my Maintenance Packages. They are a large savings from the per hourly/per project rate.
LOGO, INFOGRAPHIC, OR OTHER SIMILAR IMAGE DESIGN SERVICES
$100-150 varies based on actual client needs
- One 30-minute phone consulting Discovery Session to determine Client’s logo preferences, with follow-up generally by email for visual decision making.
- 3-5 custom designs for client to choose from and up to 4 revisions**** after choosing one design.
**** A graphics revision is defined as: altering colors or placement and other minor edits after the initial logo is chosen from a group of up to 5 mockup designs.
CONTACT ME TODAY to discuss how my consulting services can help your marketing can grow!
No WORK-FOR-HIRE contracts are being accepted at this time.
Right to Refuse:
Heather Mertens reserves the right to refuse or terminate service, if necessary, to anyone for any reason not prohibited by law, and as stated in each contract, the Client’s initial payments/deposit
will not be refunded as per work already completed; and the only amounts to become immediately due will be for all work done since the previous payment. Also, Heather has the right to be free from acts or threats of disruptive behavior, abusive and/or offensive language, including intimidation, harassment and/or coercion, which involve or affect the creative process. Abusive communications in any form (email, phone, in person, etc.) are strictly not tolerated. No refund would be provided in case of abusive communications. Refunds in other circumstances will be determined on a case by case basis.
Also added content creation for the website can be procured “by the hour” or “by the project” at a later date or though one of the Maintenance Packages I offer below.
$60-75 per hour fee on additional small projects
Varying Fees based on entire scope of medium to large project needed.
For multiple or very large projects, the “project based” fees will save the client money compared to the “per hour” fees, based on on the fact that most project components build off of one another, so working within that framework already done at the time will save over-all. Please don’t hesitate to ask regarding your needs.